Table of Contents
Business process outsourcing (BPO) benefits companies of all sizes. Not only does it optimize operations, but it also helps reduce costs and more. When considering which tasks to outsource, one option is to hire a call center company for your customer-facing processes, such as customer service, sales, and technical support.
But how can BPO call centers help your business? Read on to discover their key benefits to help you make an informed outsourcing decision.
What Is a BPO Call Center?
A BPO call center is a third-party service provider that handles phone-based, customer-facing processes for businesses. The most common functions it takes care of are customer service, sales, and technical support. A call center is a centralized hub that enables BPO agents to assist customers or users via phone with various issues.
To further understand what BPO is, consider hiring an external vendor to manage your call center instead of establishing a department in-house. Working with a service provider is a viable solution if you lack staffing, technology, and resources. A reliable partner can help improve your service efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction. That is how BPO call centers can help your business.
Learn more about the BPO call center benefits in the next few sections.
What Are the Different Types of BPO Call Centers?
The three types of BPO call centers are inbound, outbound, and blended. They differ based on how calls get routed, whether from customers to agents or vice versa.
Understand what a BPO call center is by exploring the three types below.
- Inbound call center. In this call center, agents receive incoming calls from customers or users.
- In customer service, call center agents answer customer inquiries, process orders, provide updates, handle complaints, and resolve issues.
- In tech support, BPO agents provide technical assistance to end users of technology products, such as computer devices and mobile phones.
- Outbound call center. In this type of call center, agents make outgoing calls to contact potential customers.
- In sales or telemarketing, BPO agents contact leads in sales or telemarketing to sell products and services.
- In billing and collections, BPO call center agents contact customers to discuss bills and collect payments.
- Blended call center. This BPO call center combines in and outbound, meaning agents receive and place calls.
- In customer support, BPO agents receive calls from customers to assist them. However, they go as far as to contact customers to provide updates.
- In billing and collections, Call center agents answer customer inquiries about their invoices. They also contact customers to ask for payments.
The three types of BPO call centers can help your business grow. For this reason, outsourcing your customer-facing processes to a BPO call center is wise.
How Can Outsourcing Call Center Operations Benefit Your Business?
Outsourcing call center operations offers several potential benefits, from accessing talent, tools, and technology to scaling operations and growing a business.
The proof is in the numbers: The global market for call centers could grow from $314.5 billion in 2022 to $494.7 billion by 2030. It could achieve a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1%.
Such market growth proves how beneficial and reliable BPO contact centers are. Let us look at their potential benefits below.
Access Talent, Technology, and Tools
Creating a call center entails a triad of essential components: expertise, technology, and resources. Outsourcing serves as the gateway to securing these critical assets, highlighting the invaluable role of BPO call centers in advancing your business interests.
Most BPO call centers draw from a vast reservoir of proficient and knowledgeable professionals. They meticulously train these agents to excel in their respective roles, whether it be as customer service representatives, sales specialists, or technical support experts. Furthermore, these call centers heavily invest in cutting-edge digital tools and contemporary technologies, encompassing artificial intelligence (AI), automation, and cloud-based solutions.
Enjoy Efficient and Quality Services
The success of BPO call centers hinges on the exceptional value they offer to their clientele. Their capacity to enhance their clients’ services stems from their access to genuine expertise and cutting-edge technology.
Within BPO call centers, adept professionals adeptly streamline operations. Their agents adhere rigorously to established standard operating procedures (SOPs), thereby guaranteeing service excellence and adherence to business standards. Moreover, they harness the capabilities of AI and automation to minimize manual tasks and expedite business workflows, ultimately driving heightened overall efficiency.
Get Enhanced Customer Satisfaction
Call centers predominantly oversee front-office operations, with the overarching objective of fostering business growth. Their primary mission revolves around augmenting customer interactions and bolstering customer satisfaction (CSAT).
For most BPO call centers, CSAT is the primary key performance indicator (KPI). Metrics such as average handling Time (AHT) and quality assurance (QA) assume a secondary role in comparison. The critical aim centers on ensuring that customers derive contentment from the services they receive.
Reduce Costs and Increase Profitability
The establishment of an in-house call center often comes with substantial expenses. The outlay encompasses infrastructure development, technology investments, and the recruitment and training of personnel. This substantial financial commitment does not invariably guarantee success, as unforeseen challenges may arise, potentially impinging on profit margins.
In contrast, enlisting the services of a dependable and esteemed BPO service provider presents a distinct narrative. The appropriate partner possesses the acumen to optimize your call center operations, concurrently curbing operating costs. This strategic alliance can effectively trim your expenditures while concurrently facilitating profit augmentation.
Scale Operations and Grow a Business
The dynamics of business growth and scalability underscore the invaluable role that BPO call centers play in advancing your business objectives. Tailored to your specific business requirements and prevailing conditions, these centers possess the capability to seamlessly expand or contract your operational scope. They specialize in streamlining operations, fine-tuning processes, and enhancing overall performance.
Armed with expertise and advanced technology, these call centers can enhance operational efficiency, elevate service quality, and garner higher CSAT scores. This collective prowess culminates in heightened profitability, propelling your business toward growth and success.
What Are the Potential Drawbacks of BPO Call Centers?
While they offer numerous benefits, BPO call centers have disadvantages, such as a lack of business control, language barriers, cultural gaps, privacy and security risks, and possible disruptions.
It is good that 78% of businesses worldwide feel positive about their outsourcing partners. However, understanding the BPO challenges can help you make informed decisions when outsourcing your call center operations.
Let us expound on the potential drawbacks of BPO call centers below.
- Loss of business control. Outsourcing means relinquishing some degree of control over your call center operations. You might have minimal to zero influence over the training, processes, production, and overall BPO management.
- Communication barriers. Offshore outsourcing means working with a BPO provider on the other side. You might encounter miscommunication due to language barriers, differences in accents, and communication styles.
- Cultural differences. The call centers that serve businesses that outsource their operations are not always in the same country. Consequently, you may encounter various cultural norms, work styles, and business practices.
- Privacy and security issues. BPO means entrusting your business and customer information to a third party. The problem starts when your contracted partner risks leaking your data due to a lack of privacy policies and network security.
- Potential disruptions. BPO call centers sometimes face business disruptions such as power outages, labor-related problems, and even natural calamities. Such events can influence your service availability, quality, and customer satisfaction.
We have established how BPO call centers can help your business amid the potential drawbacks. But given the pros and cons, the question is: Is a BPO call center worth it?
With the benefits discussed above, the straightforward answer is yes. But to address the inevitable outsourcing challenges, consider implementing the following best practices:
- Hire the BPO call center best suited for your business.
- Develop a service-level agreement (SLA) that includes KPIs.
- Offer the best foundation (for culture and communication) and process (product) training programs for your BPO team.
- Set data privacy policies and network security protocols.
- Establish constant communication and collaboration with your BPO service provider.
- Promote a customer-centric culture among your BPO teams.
The Bottom Line
It is evident how BPO call centers can help your business. They give you access to talent, tools, and technology. Such resources can improve your service efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
They help reduce your costs, and call centers can also increase your bottom line. Ultimately, the right BPO provider can scale your operations and grow your business!
Ready to outsource your front-office processes? Call us, and let’s connect! Unity Communications offers a wide range of services. We can be your trusted partner in establishing a robust BPO call center operation.